Today is week 3 in our sermon series “GET FIT”. In week one we discussed our need to be Spiritually Fit and how avoiding sin and pursuing God through worship and His Word, we can strengthen our spiritual health.
Last week we talked about Getting Fit in our Relationships – putting our relationships in order by getting our own lives in order. We learned that a natural result of being fit spiritually is stronger relationships with others. When we care about others as much as we care about ourselves – which takes work – we not only build strong relationships, we honor God in the process.
Today we will look at Getting Fit Physically. Our choir director, Scott Bullman, has been made a physical transformation right before our eyes, losing over 200 pounds in less than 2 years. Today he shares his amazing story of God’s power in his life that helped him overcome this 40-year stronghold. We will hear about…
• His Dilemma
• His Decision
• His Discipline
• His Deliverance
We can’t ignore what the Scripture teaches about our body and our responsibility to take care of it.
1 Corinthians 6:19 – Do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you…and you are not your own?
1 Corinthians 10:31 “whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the Glory of God.”
1 Peter 1:13 – “Prepare you minds for action and exercise self-control.”
Ecclesiastes 11:10 – “Refuse to worry and keep your body healthy.”
Romans 6:12-13 – “Do not let sin control the way you live; do not give in to sinful desires. Use your whole body as an instrument to do what is right for the glory of God.”
The point of decision came on Sunday, July 15, 2012 when Scott heard a message from guest pastor, Dr. Ken Whitten, titled “Getting Rid of Stinkin Thinkin”. In this message about making necessary change in your life, Scott learned that:
1. You have to CHOOSE to CHANGE
2. You have to CHANGE your MODEL
3. You CAN’T change ALONE
4. When YOU change, you help OTHERS change
5. You NEVER stop CHANGING
Thoughts to Take Away:
• With LEADERSHIP comes INFLUENCE…and with influence comes a RESPONSIBILITY to STEWARD that influence.
1 Corinthians 9:27 – “But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
• “You can find inspiration from others, but determination is solely your responsibility.” – Dodinsky
• “We change our behavior when the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of changing.” – Henry Cloud
• It’s hard to love others when you don’t love yourself.
• Our problem is not unanswered prayers…our problem is unoffered prayers.
• “The road to life is a disciplined life; ignore correction and you’re lost for good.” – Proverbs 10:17
• God doesn’t wait for perfection…He smiles at every act of obedience.
• Nothing tastes as good as obedience feels.
• “You’ll never break the SIN habit until you develop a PRAYER habit.” – Mark Batterson
https://mytrbc.mobi/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/logo.jpg00TRBC Mobile Teamhttps://mytrbc.mobi/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/logo.jpgTRBC Mobile Team2015-01-18 17:38:352018-08-24 11:06:06Get Fit: Physically